Sunday, 18 January 2015

Adventures in Radio1...

So as part of my investigation into young peoples' music, i have been listening to radio1.  Once i got past the stage of finding the presenters squeaky and annoying, i quite like some of it.  This is pretty good, for instance!  And its also number one, probably. It was, but its now 5pm on a sunday so it might not be in a couple of hours.  But then its also clearly this.  With a side order of this.  I kind of don't have a problem with that, i mean music has always stolen, swapped and copied ideas.

I like this a lot more - Its clearly of a style and could be called derivative, but then Lady Gaga just put out a jazz album and its bloody brilliant.  The thing that really throws me is that ver kids seem to be dressing like its 1986 as well as making music that sounds like it.  Fashions go round and round and round and there we go.  Its kind of weird though, but its making my investigation easier, and also weirder.  I'm looking for new sounds, and i'm getting stuff that sounds like S Express.  Wierd...

No comments:

Post a Comment